Last Updated on
The next time you hear or read about ‘Uncle Sam’, remember, at its source, it’s a misleading, propaganda statement. Uncle Sam isn’t real. ‘He’ is a fiction, a red herring that is often used to disguise the truth. Uncle Sam is a ruse used to help accountable parties avoid detection.
Uncle Sam Doesn’t Do Anything
- He doesn’t bail out companies or forgive loans: taxpayers ultimately foot the bill after Congress or an agency manager approves the expense.
- He isn’t after your IRA or 401k: a legislator, regulator, lobbyist, or corporate interest is pushing the regulatory environment in that direction.
Uncle Sam Is People Like You And Me
- Elected officials. You and I put them into office, and we can replace them too.
- Appointed officials. Elected officials hired them. They often lose their jobs after elections, especially when the political party changes.
- Governmental employees. Massive human resources organizations hire them into sometimes fantastically large bureaucracies. Their work life may shift with every election. They are constantly subject to the pitch and yaw of the changing political landscape and budget cycle.
What You Can Do
- Identify the real actors involved. They’re people like you and me, and we can give them the opportunity to find new jobs if we don’t like the way they’re doing the job today.
- Vote with your time, dollars, and in the voting booth. Boycott people and media who engage in misleading and ambiguous rhetoric.
- Reflect and consider the source of statements about ‘Uncle Sam’.
- Question the motive behind the message. What are they selling? To Whom? Are you the customer or the product?
- Learn: Understand the system in which we operate, or continue to be misled by lying liars, and the liars and spineless weasels with whom they surround themselves.
- Read the Constitution of The United States of America.
- Engage the source of the communication and ask them to clarify their meaning. Don’t let noise persist. Those working in good faith will happily oblige. Those who are in need of boycott and ouster will ridicule you, change the subject, ignore you, or worse. You’ll know when you’ve found a stinker: there will be no satisfaction for you.
- Share your advice, information, and referrals below. I appreciate your contribution!
- Do nothing.
Also published on Medium.