The next time you hear or read about ‘Uncle Sam’ doing something, remember, it’s a misleading statement. Uncle Sam isn’t real.
‘Uncle Sam’ doesn’t do anything:
- He doesn’t bail out companies or forgive loans: taxpayers ultimately foot the bill after Congress or an agency approves the expense.
- He isn’t after your IRA or 401k: some legislator or regulator or lobbyist is pushing the regulatory environment in that direction.
Think about the real actors involved: ‘Uncle Sam’ is a fiction and a red herring.
What You Can Do
- Vote with your time and your dollars: Boycott people and media who engage in misleading and ambiguous rhetoric.
- Reflect and consider the source of such statements. Question their motives.
- Learn: Understand the system in which we operate, or fall for anything.
- Engage the source of the communication and clarify their meaning. Don’t let noise persist.
- Share your advice, information, and referrals below. I appreciate your contribution!
- Do nothing
Originally posted on Facebook May 20, 2016