The result (good or bad) of any initiative is its Product.
Product: noun — a thing produced by labor.
You can have a say in the results when you clearly define an outcome, then take correlated action.
To think is easy. To act is hard. But the hardest thing in the world is to act in accordance with your thinking.
–Johann von Goethe
When we do not define a clear outcome, or if we do not take meaningful action, we will almost assuredly fail.
Let’s get in action!
Perform the “Remember The Future” innovation game from innovationgames.com.
- Answer the question: When I have met my goal in one year from now, what will I have done to get there?
- Write the answer on a blank document, and include it in your PowerBoard.
A goal is a dream with a deadline.
Working backward from your final envisioned outcome, set goals based on the remembered future you created in Practice 1 above.
Goals may be finite endpoints, such as:
- A final weight
- A clothing size
Goals may be process-related, like:
- I will take a certain action every day, or
- I will take one new action every week
Results from this lesson
- You now have a clearer idea what you will do to meet your goal, as a document in your PowerBoard.
- You have defined a series of goals, that will serve as milestones on the journey to your end product. Put this in your PowerBoard also.
- If you completed the Bonus Assignment (below), you also have a Product Vision Box, as a physical guide and visible reminder of your product goals and final outcome.
- Create a Product Vision Box for your envisioned Product.
Next: Click Here and Perfect Your Product
Click the link above and
Perfect Your Product
For More Information
- Dictionary.com definition of Product
- Mini-bios excerpted from:
- Two child playing arrow: Photo by Annie Spratt on Unsplash. Link.
- Johann von Goethe: By Angelica Kauffman – Upload 1:eigenes Foto aus Goethemuseum Weimar Upload 2:Retrospektive – Angelika Kauffmann; S.324., Public Domain, Link.
- Napoleon Hill holding book, 1937: By New York World-Telegram and the Sun Newspaper staff photographer. – This image is available from the United States Library of Congress‘s Prints and Photographs division under the digital ID cph.3c36395, Public Domain, Link.
- apple device beverage chat woman working at computer: Photo by rawpixel.com from Pexels. Link.
You must log in to post a comment.