Read This Post If:
- You are trying to eat healthier and cook homemade meals more often.
- You’re overwhelmed with the process of meal planning, shopping, and cooking fresh multiple times a week.
- Shopping and cooking homemade meals for two is difficult or wasteful due to typical store-size quantities.
- You’re looking for a shared, creative, productive, domestic activity you can enjoy with your spouse and/or kid(s).
I Have An Answer To These Concerns!
Lori and I “tried out” Green Chef at one point, and we recently realized we’ve been subscribers for nearly two years! We’re happy customers.
How It Works
Every Thursday, like clockwork, a box arrives on our porch. It has detailed recipe cards (including photos), plus partially prepped ingredients, for 3 complete homemade meals for two. We’ve chosen the paleo menu. There are options for various dietary goals.
On average, meals take around 35 minutes to prepare. Prep usually requires simple knife work on a cutting board, one or two fry pans, and often a sheet pan and maybe one fry pan in the oven.
Responsible Homemade Meals
- As you know from my posts and commitments, healthy food is important to me. Knowing the food is organic is a must. I can see all ingredients online, so I know exactly what’s in the prepared items. This also enables subscribers to remake any meal they want, any time they want.
- Nearly all the packaging is recyclable or reusable. As you’ve seen from my other posts, this is also important to me.
Is It Worth It?
Yes. The food is good! The recipes vary. Like anything, some are better than others, but not because any are particularly bad. We all have preferences, so with any variety over time we’ll like some better than others.
The proof is in the facts: we’ve been happy customer’s nearly two years, and we have every intention of continuing!
Some More Of The Things We Like
- We’ve never had the same meal twice, and we understand their commitment is we never will. Unbelievable!
- Recipe cards often have a “Pro Tip”, which teaches about a specific cooking technique that is usually new to me.
- Preparation includes interesting variations in cutting and cooking techniques, so shapes and textures and flavors are highly variable.
- It’s fun!
Try It For Free!
Use this link and receive two meals for free!
Let me know what you think.
Also published on Medium.