Reading time: 1 minutes
“Don’t try to use facts to prove your case and to insist that people change their biases. You don’t have enough time and you don’t have enough money. Instead, identify a population with a certain worldview, frame your story in terms of that worldview and you win.”
- 8PM Central
I. 2 minutes each (7:00-7:10)
- 1 minute – 90 seconds Wins of the week. Socially acceptable way to share testimonials. Testimony time. Couple minutes.
- Be done by 7:10 pm
II. Hot Seat (7:10-7:45)
- One or two people bring a succinctly described problem, challenge, or opportunity for group feedback, with little story. Then be quiet and listen to group feedback instead of defending or justifying.
- If someone just wants to share but not get feedback it may be reflective of something big is happening they don’t want to talk about.
- If it has too much story it may not be the right question to talk about.
Upcoming Hot Seats
- February 25
- March 4
- March 11
- March 18
- March 25
III. Next Steps (7:45-7:55)
- Plan for next week.
- Current challenge.
- Prayer requests.
IV. Close (7:55-8:00)
Gratitude. What you got out of today’s meeting and the past week of progress in this area.
- give feedback with the “sandwich” method.
- be 100% engaged, interested, curious, learning, sharing, and teaching.
- Read OYFOL and watch for C.U.B. (Compelling and/or Confusing, Unbelievable, Boring).
- Watch for effective and complete use of PASTOR framework.
- Share results and updates during the week by email and get feedback from others about it.
- Commit to miss no more than theee weeks in a row or you may be disinvited.
- Record with Loom for archiving. Distribute archives by email. Put archives below.
Past Hot Seats