“Don’t try to use facts to prove your case and to insist that people change their biases. You don’t have enough time and you don’t have enough money. Instead, identify a population with a certain worldview, frame your story in terms of that worldview and you win.”
- 8PM Central
I. 2 minutes each (7:00-7:10)
- 1 minute – 90 seconds Wins of the week. Socially acceptable way to share testimonials. Testimony time. Couple minutes.
- Be done by 7:10 pm
II. Hot Seat (7:10-7:45)
- One or two people bring a succinctly described problem, challenge, or opportunity for group feedback, with little story. Then be quiet and listen to group feedback instead of defending or justifying.
- If someone just wants to share but not get feedback it may be reflective of something big is happening they don’t want to talk about.
- If it has too much story it may not be the right question to talk about.
Upcoming Hot Seats
- February 25
- March 4
- March 11
- March 18
- March 25
III. Next Steps (7:45-7:55)
- Plan for next week.
- Current challenge.
- Prayer requests.
IV. Close (7:55-8:00)
Gratitude. What you got out of today’s meeting and the past week of progress in this area.
- give feedback with the “sandwich” method.
- be 100% engaged, interested, curious, learning, sharing, and teaching.
- Read OYFOL and watch for C.U.B. (Compelling and/or Confusing, Unbelievable, Boring).
- Watch for effective and complete use of PASTOR framework.
- Share results and updates during the week by email and get feedback from others about it.
- Commit to miss no more than theee weeks in a row or you may be disinvited.
- Record with Loom for archiving. Distribute archives by email. Put archives below.
Past Hot Seats