- Are you looking for a royalty-free stock photo?
- Do you need an image to throw into a presentation, post, or page?
- Are you ready to finally have an easy starting point, for your next search for a “perfect image”?
Where Can I Find A Free Stock Photo?
Thanks to paid advertising and misleading copyediting on web sites that sell photos, search engines do a lousy job identifying web sites that offer CC0 and free stock photos.
Here are more than 2 dozen free stock photo sites I’ve found in my research (plus some bonuses).
I’ve sorted in roughly the order I’ve found the most value. Sites I use the most are at the top; sites I use less often are toward the bottom. Because each has somewhat different themes and contributors, you may find you have different preferences.
Let me know your thoughts and suggestions in the comments below!
Thanks to everyone who’s shared these with me over the years (see credits at the bottom)!
Free Stock Photos
- Google Images (filtering with Tools > License > Labeled for reuse).
- Megan Stewart’s resource list
- Take your own
- Negative Space
- Life of Pix
- ISO Republic
- www.nappy.co ‘Beautiful, high-res photos of black and brown people.’
- DeathtoStock has a really funky “free email pack per month” with their newsletter
- Fotolia. (NOT Adobe Stock, which bought Fotolia and is trying to make everyone convert — click on the ‘Go back to Fotolia’ link when you see their ad for it).
Free Banner Images
- http://stocksnap.io/ Free 2000 x 1200 photos
Bonus 1: Free stock videos
Bonus 2: Free icons
Fact is, sometimes I can’t find quite the right photo.
Since amazing marketing requires projecting the aspirational future of my prospect, sometimes I need to find just the right photos of the right people in the right situations having the right experiences. Here are the sites I’ve used so far, when all else fails:
Give Credit Where Credit Is Due:
Offer proper attribution for the source of the photo.
Share your sources of free and CC0 images and photos below.
Many thanks to the following for your contributions to the above:
- Members of Ray Edwards Copywriting Academy
- Members of Sam Ovens Consulting Accelerator
- Right Management
Photo credit: Pixabay/RobinHiggins