Last Updated on
Reading time: 4 minutes
Earlier this year I said I wanted to do 4 things this year. Here’s progress I made on each, my first quarter 2018 goals update.
First Quarter 2018 Goals Update
1. Reduce Allergy Symptoms And Medication Use
I’ve increasingly found several foods that exacerbate my allergy symptoms, in addition to the environmental allergens that my doctor identified. As I’ve reduced consumption of these foods (eggs, nuts, peanuts, black pepper, garlic), my allergy symptoms have declined considerably.
We’re just now exiting the worst part of the yearly cycle for my environmental allergens (mostly pollens) and I’m already seeing a significant reduction in symptoms, to the point where I’m seeing evidence that I’m overmedicating (nosebleeds). This is an amazing result! Last year I required 3 full strength oral allergy drugs all year-long and even sinus sprays at times (except for 2 days in Cusco, Peru). I’m optimistic I’ll be able to cut for at least a while this year.
My new goal will be to see if I can find a allergy drug cocktail that includes fewer allergy medications. I spoke with my doctor’s staff and this is what they suggested. Unfortunately, they’re unable to present a clear and distinct path to follow. Scientific method, here we come. I am my own favorite science experiment!
2. Run Faster And Qualify for Boston Marathon
Returned To Running
Since my last update, I returned to full running training after a series of overtraining injuries and illnesses over two years. In the past year, part of my recovery training had included considerable foot, ankle, leg, and core strengthening, plus focus on modifying my running form to be more efficiently use energy, and I was ready to return to running!
The combination of increased core strength and resulting intra-abdominal pressure, plus a car accident that drove it over the edge, resulted in an acute, painful hernia injury. I sought hernia repair surgery in the middle of February. As a result, I haven’t run for almost 8 weeks while I recover from hernia surgery. I’ve walked a lot, and I still feel soreness in the area a couple of days a week. I’ll get back on the bike this weekend, as a prelude. I intend to post soon about the process of returning to running. I’m reaching the point where I almost feel ready to return to light running.
3. Create A Sale And Sustainable Revenue Stream Online
- Found a plugin that makes this seem easy. Found an article indicating 500 unique viewers daily would result in about $30 monthly revenues.
- Trigger goal here is to grow traffic to 100s of unique users daily, then consider whether to move forward with this.
- I’ve made rotating twitter ads and one-time Facebook ads for 11 services I use and enjoy. Adding more as they arise.
- Will add use of a business Facebook group and develop an editorial schedule for that.
- Have at least 3 articles promoting services I use and appreciate.
- Over time, I’ll create more ads promoting the product articles, and I’ll write more articles. Like the ads, this appears it will need far higher social media engagement or far higher social media or blog traffic for this to drive meaningful revenues.
- I’ve begun a book about creating sustainable change in business, which will seed credibility, coaching and consulting clients.
- I’ve continued acting on my intention to help others through coaching, and I’ve taken on writing a book, each of which can be foundation content for a course.
- I’ve gotten more help, identified services I can deliver (see one example below), defined them in writing, and begun promoting them on social media.
- Next, I’ll improve the description of the offerings and create sales landing pages, then begin reaching out to prospects to assess product/market fit and interest.
- I’m developing coaching services as products (see an example here).
- Soon I’ll develop and prototype courses like products, following a similar format to the coaching products.
- I’m also producing my first book (about creating sustainable change in business), which I’ll promote and sell as a product.
4. Help Others And Receive Their Endorsement
- I’ve reached two people with whom I’ve created agreements and begun transformational personal changes in their lives.
- One client is overcoming excuses and cynicism so he can realize his full potential to make a difference for himself and the world. With a newly empowered mindset, he is defining a crystal clear personal vision for his life and his contribution in the world, and persistent structures to support them. From there, he will define an action plan and make that difference!
- The other client feels stuck in her life and wants to start a company. Similarly, she is also defining a crystal clear personal vision for her life and her contribution in the world. From those, she will also create persistent structures to support her in creating them. From there, she will define an action plan and start that company!
- I’m in conversation with 2 more.
- A former coworker contacted me with an offer to endorse me on LinkedIn.
- I’ve also met with one person who declined to continue the process.
- Did you create resolutions or goals for 2018?
- How is progress on your 2018 goals? Have you clearly summarized and documented your first quarter 2018 goals update? I’d be thrilled for you to share it with me!
- What structures do you have in place to support you in achieving your goals?
- Could you use more support reaching your goals?
Take Action And Change Your Life
- Contact me for help toward your transformational change goals. From definition through execution, I can help you.
- If you’ve had trouble identifying and overcoming obstacles that have repeatedly held you back, that’s where I really shine.
- Are you ready to be Finally Thin Forever?