- Every quarter I set new personal and business goals for the next 3 and 12 months.
- These lessons learned are based on personal goals (Objectives and Key Results) I set 3 and 12 months ago (plus a few I’ve added).
- I shared business accomplishments last week.
Personal Targets I set for 2Q 2019 (and confidence level I had at the beginning of the quarter)
1. Objective: Be Fit — 65%
Key Result: Be well — 50%
- 100% InsideTracker biomarkers optimized (low)
- Not Tested: Will test soon
- Last test (March 2019):
- Optimized: 34 (83%)
- Needs Improvement: 5 (12%)
- At Risk: 2 (5%)
- I feel well (medium) — Yes
- Stay in the Landmark conversation. (high) — Yes: Beyond Fitness seminar
- Stay in the NMMNG conversation. (medium) — No
Key result: Recover — 67%
- 7 hours sleep daily (low): 8 hours 20 minutes
- Wake without an alarm daily (low): 2 days a week
- Two athletic recovery days a week, typically Tuesday and Friday (high): 2 days a week
Key Result: Eliminate or Reduce Unnecessary Stressors: 42%
Measure: Eliminate Chemical Stressors — 44%
Eliminate Medication: 0%
Eating right reduces my allergy symptoms, which enables me to reduce reliance on drugs.
- Eliminate Allegra and Zyrtec. (low)
Eliminate Irritating Foods: 88%
Basically, this is the AIP diet.
Eliminate from my diet (low):
- gluten: Yes
- soy: Yes
- eggs: Yes
- garlic: Yes
- nuts: Yes
- seeds: Yes
- gums: Yes
- black/green/white pepper: No
Measure: Reduce Mental and Emotional Stressors — 41%
- Identify and communicate stressors on the same day — 100%
- Be grateful and express it daily — 100%
- Increase # of income streams (Beginning of Period: 2 — End of Period: 2) — 0%
- 1 employer
- 1 passive investment
- Increase assets under management (Beginning/End of Period): 2.5%
- Words — WordPress = 9.5% increase
- Published: (123,000/134,000) = 9% increase
- Unpublished: (144,000/158,000) = 10% increase
- Cash on hand (months) — (5/5) = no change
- Real estate positions — (1/1) = no change
- IRA balance — No change
- Words — WordPress = 9.5% increase
Key Result: Return to Running: 100%
Training plan — I’m taking Dr. Phil Maffetone’s aerobic approach to training while I increase my mileage and return to strength and power training (Wednesday workouts with Rogue Running). — achieved a sub-14 minute mile walking: 100%
Training schedule — Run/walk or ride 5 days a week, 8 hours a week or so: (medium) — achieved: 100%
- M 3-4 miles running with strides (or walk 45-60 minutes at 115 bpm)
- T 3-4 miles (or walk 45-60 minutes at 115 bpm) or cycling power training or off
- W 4-6 miles progressively harder with the Rogue Morning Show
- Th 3-4 miles (or walk 45-60 minutes at 115 bpm) or cycling power training
- F Off
- S 8-12 miles (or walk 2-3 hours at 115 bpm)
- Sun 3-5 miles (or walk 45-75 minutes at 115 bpm) or long ride
2. Objective: Adventure/Discovery–100%
Key Result: Undertake initiatives with uncertain outcomes
- Tour at least twice annually (high) — DONE
- Easter Hill Country Tour, April 19-21
- Southwest Tandem Rally, May 3-5
- Georgia Tandem Rally Pre-tour, May 13-16
- Georgia Tandem Rally, May 16-19
- Read one book a month and apply something learned from each book– 100%
- Expert Secrets: Refined launch plan
- Choose: Refined keywords
- Launch: Refined launch plan
- 1 Page Marketing Plan
- Learn and apply new tools — 100%
- Google Trends: Refined keywords
- Designrr: Began extracting Change Your Life book
3. Objective: Serve — 9%
Key Result: Serve Others — 9%
Measures: meet DylanCornelius.com (LLC) OKR’s (low) — 9%
4. Objective: Impact — 55%
Key Result 1: Lead from Talent — 97%
DISC — No baseline available
Millionaire Master Plan Genius types — 100%
- Dynamo (Product Development — What): Developing Change Your Life Book and Course
- Tempo (Portfolio Management — When):
- Debt (Reduction)
- Financial Asset
Johnson O’Connor Talents — 12/13 = 92%
- Graphoria: Administrative, Writing
- Ideaphoria: Creative Pursuits, Writing, and Brainstorming
- Foresight: Prediction in context — Many Big Plans
- Inductive Reasoning: Generalizing from Specifics, Problem Solving
- Analytical Reasoning: Prediction from Data, Problem Solving
- Number Series: Pattern discernment and facility with numbers
- Structural Visualization: 3D visualization, Navigation, running, cycling, information architecture
- Wiggly Block: 3D visualization, Navigation, running, cycling, information architecture
- Paper Folding: 3D visualization, Navigation, running, cycling, information architecture
- Rhythm Memory: Pacing, timing, rhythm, endurance sports, music
- Memory for Design: Visual recall, Navigation, running, cycling
- Number Memory: Numeric recall, ???
- Ambivert: Introvert x Extravert, Small Groups and 1x1s
Thematic Apperception Test — 100%
- Achievement: Participation to deliver on goals at PNC and at home
- Power: Intention for Influence and Impact
Key Result 2: Delegate Non-Talents — 0%
No baseline available
Millionaire Master Plan Genius types — 0%
- Blaze (Sales — Leadership and Connections — Who): Hire people for sales and team leadership roles
- Steel (Operations and Data — How): Hire people for routine functions and management roles
Johnson O’Connor — 0%
Observation: Hire people for quality assessment and verification roles
Thematic Apperception Test — 0%
Affiliation: Hire people for sales and team leadership roles
Key Result 3: Be Endorsed — 67%
- Connect with PNC staff on LinkedIn (high) — 100%
- Connect with Judge staff on LinkedIn (high) — 100%
- Endorse PNC and Judge staff (high) — 0%
5. Objective: Sustainability — 9%
Key Result 1: Have no visible, unmanaged forward impediments
Meet DylanCornelius.com OKR’s (low): 9%
Assessment of Personal Targets I Set 12 Months Ago — 75%
1. Reduce Allergy Symptoms And Medication Use — 100%
Goal at that time: Reduce intake of irritating foods, then find a drug cocktail that includes fewer allergy medications.
Situation at that time: A year ago, 2 over-the-counter plus as many as 3 prescription medications were a de facto part of the daily plan.
Situation now: I’ve reduced my daily allergy drug cocktail to 2 over-the-counter drugs daily. My allergist’s staff says it may be possible to wean myself off them.
New goal: I will get my allergy symptoms to a place where they’re well-controlled, then I’ll begin to wean myself off one, then another.
Scientific method, here we come. I am (still) my favorite science experiment!
2. Run Faster And Qualify for Boston Marathon — 50%
Key Result 1: Return to Running post-surgery — 100%
Key Result 2: Qualify for Boston Marathon — 0%
- Qualifying Measure: 3:25
- Current Personal Record 2016 Austin Marathon: 3:45
- Recent predictions (predicted marathon time):
- Garmin 935 predicts 3:36
- 800m repeats (at “marathon” pace following hill repeats) at 8:30 predict 3:45
- 5k at end of triathlon avg 8:39 miles in warm, humid, windy conditions predict 3:45 or better in improved conditions
- Bottom Line: McMillan Running calculates BQ for me is a “long shot” right now.
Find Purpose in Life
- Create a personal vision. Share it in the comments below and with 3 other people.
- Define your personal mission. Share it in the comments below and with 3 other people.
Create a Plan
- Create a set of personal policies. Share it in the comments below and with 3 other people.
- Create resolutions or goals for the next 3 months. Share them in the comments below and with 3 other people.
- Create resolutions or goals for the next 12 months. Share them in the comments below and with 3 other people.
- Assess your performance on your most recent goals. Share your lessons learned in the comments below and with 3 other people.
- Get a selfie from the inside with InsideTracker.
Change Your Life
- Create a PowerBoard to support you achieving your goals. Store your vision, mission, plans, policies, resolutions or goals, and lessons learned in your PowerBoard.
- You need more support. Book a call with me and let’s talk. You will leave our conversation with a breakthrough in your purpose, plan, or progress.
- Dr. Phil Maffetone suggests eliminating unnecessary stressors in The Big Book of Aerobic Training and Racing.
- More about OKR’s
- Measure What Matters: How Google, Bono, and the Gates Foundation Rock the World with OKRs, by John Doerr
- Target board: Photo by pixabay.com via pexels.com. Link.
- Capsules: Photo by rawpixel on Unsplash. Link.
- Dylan Cornelius finishes the 2019 Lake Pflugerville Triathlon, June 16, 2019: Photo Sam Myers Photography. Link.
- Map: Photo by rawpixel.com from Pexels. Link.
- Spiral freestanding calendar on white surface: Photo by Manasvita S on Unsplash. Link.
- Dylan Cornelius begins the 5k run leg of the Lake Pflugerville Triathlon, June 16, 2019: Photo Sam Myers Photography. Link.
- Hand and Notepad Create a Plan: Image by Pexels from Pixabay. Link.
- Person studying bulletin board: Photo by Startup Stock Photos from Pexels. Link.
You must log in to post a comment.