Hi, I’m Dylan Cornelius.
Since you’re here, we may share something in common
I help mid-career professionals and knowledge workers confidently stay focused on their strategic plans so that they can fulfill their purpose in life.
When I’m not creating or executing a plan, I’m on a road or trail in preparation for a cycling tour, hike, or endurance race. Usually, those tours, hikes, and races involve my Honey Bunny, Lori.
Introduce yourself, and let’s exchange adventure stories!
It hasn’t always seemed so simple
I was on the phone with my brother, telling him how unhappy I was in my marriage.
“Do something about it or quit complaining”, he said. “It’s been five years.”
“Five years?!” I asked. “You must be mistaken. No way.”
“Oh, yes.”, he said. “Remember that first time you said you were unhappy? That was five years ago.”
He told me a story that sounded vaguely familiar. At first, it didn’t register, but then I realized it was my story. It had happened in my life — to me.
…and when I told him that earlier story, I’d been sitting in that same green mini-van, in front of that same red brick house next to the lake, after a day at that same job.
“Oh my gosh!”, I thought back to that time. “It has been five years!”
I struggled on my own for a long time
…and that job wasn’t a bed of roses either. I’d been passed over for promotions four times in three years, as I repeatedly watched my peers promoted to be my boss.
So I did what any multiple-degree holding Top-20 university-educated professional would do: I took more classes and read more books.
But that didn’t solve my problems.
Next, I hired therapists, counselors, coaches, doctors, attorneys, and nutritionists.
I participated in 12-step programs, Toastmasters, Landmark Worldwide, and Weight Watchers.
Eventually, I saw the problem. Through decades of focus on achievement and personal development, I hadn’t been taking care of the people in my life, at home or work, least of all myself.
I applied the “Career Acceleration Roadmap” and my life improved
When I began focusing on the quality of my relationships and taking care of people, my life turned around.
Though my marriage didn’t survive, I met Lori, a fantastic woman who trained me for my first 2 marathons. I lost 50 pounds, and now I do marathons and triathlons for fun.
Now, rather than being passed over for promotions and laid off, I’m picked to lead teams, and I’m routinely acknowledged for the value I provide to people and organizations.
When I began focusing on building and sustaining teams, just as I’d done at work and trained to do in graduate school, I got my allergies and autoimmunity under control, and I began receiving awards for my running results.
Lori and I ride a tandem bike on week-long tours. If there’s anything that will drive a relationship to its inevitable outcome, it’s tandem cycling and canoeing: our relationship works.
Soon we’ll be doing month-long tours and hikes.
I want to help you, too
I’ve committed to creating a world that works for everyone, by helping everyone apply the “Career Acceleration Roadmap” in their own lives and careers:
- Clarify your purpose in life.
- Upgrade your mindset and self-talk.
- Build great relationships.
- Upgrade your leadership skills and teamwork.
More about Dylan Cornelius
My Personal Mission
I inspire and empower innovative, impactful, inspiring, committed, and fun people to fulfill their purpose in life using the “Career Acceleration Roadmap”.
My Personal Vision
I envision a world that works for everyone, everywhere, with no one and nothing left out.
My Personal Values
- Adventure. I love the journey and process of creating the future, in initiatives with uncertain outcomes.
- Fitness: I believe everything can and should be sufficient for the need.
- Service: We are all better and more inspired when we are operating in service of something bigger than ourselves.
- Endurance: I build things that last for as long as necessary, and I do it without destroying value elsewhere.
I’ve Been Featured in
|The Williamson County Sun|
|The Oakland Tribune|
|Promoted: The Proven Career Acceleration Formula To Reach The Top Without Working Harder Or Playing Office Politics|
My University Education
The University of California
Santa Clara University
Management of Technology and Innovation
My Professional Certifications
Some Athletic Pursuits
Products and Services I’ve Delivered
Dylan Cornelius Management, LLC
- Career and Relationship Coaching
- Team Acceleration Academy
- Personal Purpose Blueprint
- Mindset Mastery Blueprint
- Overtime Elimination Planner
- Team Collaboration Accelerator
- Team Purpose Blueprint
- Relationship to Results
- Finally Thin Forever
Charles Schwab & Company
Schwab Mobile app on iOS, iPad, and Android
Virtual Server Automation in a Dev Ops pipeline that reduced the time to deliver a server by 99%
Dun and Bradstreet
- D&B Direct
- Total Service Solutions
- Total Support Solutions
- ORPOS Point of Sale
- Oracle WMS Warehouse Management System
Pricing and Tagging
Warehouse Management System
UC Berkeley Science in Schools Program
Taught second graders about vision and dissected eyeballs with them
Newark Memorial High School
Tutored high school students in math and science
Articles about Dylan Cornelius
- Continuous Improvement In Triathlon: I Want To Qualify For Boston Marathon
- My Life Is A Caricature. Is Yours?
- DylanCornelius.com: About This Blog
- A Few Favorites for Inspiration, Athletics, Performance, and Recovery
- Why I Run: My Journey To Fitness. You Can Get Fit Too.
- A Case Study in DevOps Continuous Improvement
- Dylan Cornelius Management, LLC 3 and 12 Month Targets: April 18, 2019
- Why I Run: My Journey To Fitness. You Can Get Fit Too.
- Uncage Your True Fit Self. Create A Life You Love.
- Claim Your Power: Bedrock To Change Your Life