Last Updated on
Reading time: 6 minutes
Every quarter I set new 3 and 12 month personal and business goals.
These are business goals.
Personal goals are in next week’s post.
See more about my goal setting approach at the bottom of this post.
I shared last quarter’s accomplishments over the last 2 weeks.
DylanCornelius.com 1Q Goals (confidence level)
- Reproduce introductory video for ChangeIsStillPossible.com and re-launch ad (High)
- Cost per lead < $5 (high)
- Cost per sale < $150 (moderate>
- Draft, have attorney review, modify, and publish Privacy, Terms, and Coaching Agreement (High)
- Launch LLC (High)
- Recreate, redesign, and republish “Clear Direction” Planning Guide (High)
- Complete first draft of Change Is Still Possible manuscript and send to editor (High)
- Complete first draft of Finally Thin Forever manuscript (Low)
DylanCornelius.com 2019 Rolling 4 Quarters Goals
Key Result: Asset Growth–Product development
Based on my training and experience in personal and business innovation, I’ve defined a 10 step framework for creating sustainable change, which can be applied in any transformation or product development project. It’s grounded in principles of product development, systems engineering, project management, and applied human performance. This framework will be the foundation for products including tools, online courses, books, and services including training and coaching.
Produce 1 new product monthly
- November 2018:“Clear Direction” Planning Guide
- October 2018: Rapid Diet Transformation
- September 2018: Change Is Still Possible
- August 2018: Define Your Perfect Relationship
- 2Q 2018: Finally Thin Forever
Release 1 new product quarterly:
- November 2018: “Clear Direction” Planning Guide, via website call to action
- October 2018: Rapid Diet Transformation, via Twitter
- September 2018: Change Is Still Possible, via Facebook ad
- 2Q 2018: Finally Thin Forever, via Facebook
Publish one new document weekly, including:
- Blog posts
- Resources (including lead magnets and products)
- Site pages (including sales pages)
Write 500 new words daily (all of the above plus):
- Video scripts
- Email campaigns
Key Result: Sales Growth — Revenue expansion
Measure: New sales from a new product semi-annually
Key Result: Monthly Sales Contribution
Area (#of sales)
Key Result: Channel Growth
Channel: Facebook ads to PLF to email list
- Facebook ad reach (automated)
- Email list growth (automated)
- Video conversion to Initial calls
- New customers
- Release 1 new Facebook campaign quarterly
- Release 1 new ActiveCampaign monthly
Channel: Google ads to landing page
Use Google Keyword Planner to target ads that link back to product landing page.
Key Result: Serve Others
- Customer growth
- Post views
- Page views
- Video views
- Tool Downloads
- Engaging the Lessons (page views and comments),
- Performing the Practices and sharing the results,
- Attending Coaching Sessions and engaging,
- Support Requests,
- Doing the Work and sharing it,
- Getting Results and sharing them,
- Repeat purchases
3. Objective: Be Sustainable
Measures: Sustainable revenue (see below)
- New product development (see growth above)
- Risk management
- Privacy page (got samples)
- Terms page (got samples)
- Information Security
- Passive income: Yes, and growing
- Capital appreciation: Yes
- Property management: No (Later)
Digital Products — deliver a new product on the first Thursday of every month (see above)
- Clear Direction Planning Guide
- Rapid Diet Transformation
- Finally Thin Forever
- Finally Together Forever
- Love Your Job
- Change Is Still Possible
- Group coaching is available with all courses.
- 1:1 coaching is available with all courses.
- Training: digital courses (see above).
- No immediate plans in this area, though the 3 Phases and 10 P’s can be applied for transformational change in business.
- Institute of Management Consultants USA
- Writing: No plans to offer writing as a service, though it’s fundamental to this internet-based business.
Training and group coaching are fundamental tenets of these online products/services. As I perfect messaging for courses and products, I will return to Toastmasters and begin seeking out speaking opportunities with professional associations and other interest groups, where I will share about sustainable lifestyle change, and the results that are achievable with my courses and coaching.
Third-party funding/sponsorships/Advertising (no change)
- PNC Bank is currently paying me to help roll out a new work management approach (Kanban with JIRA) across their Information Technology Platform Engineering organization.
- Texas Beef Athletic team: when I make public appearances, I receive reimbursement for races and events.
- InsideTracker: as an InsideTracker triathlete, I’ve experienced improved energy, training, diet, and performance. As a busy athlete seeking high performance in all areas of my life, InsideTracker has taught me a great deal about my body, my fitness, proper diet, lifestyle, and supplementation. “Take a selfie from the inside”, know your numbers, and make the best decisions for your personal health and fitness. I’ve caught and resolved iron, magnesium, and vitamin D deficiencies, and experienced dramatic improvements in energy and performance. Choose the plan that’s right for you, now.
- Will consider who else I can represent for mutual benefit.
- Found a plugin that promises to make ad sales easy. Found an article indicating 500 unique viewers daily would result in about $30 monthly revenues. Trigger goal here is to grow traffic on DylanCornelius.com to 100s of unique users daily.
Affiliate Marketing/Joint Ventures (Later)
- Ads: I’ve made rotating twitter messages and one-time Facebook ads for 11 services/products I use and enjoy. Adding more as they arise.
- Store: Will add a store on my web site to share these with interested visitors.
- Landing Pages: Have at least 3 articles promoting services I use. May convert these to landing pages. For future articles, I’ll use a landing page format.
- Trigger goal: This will need far higher social media and web site engagement and traffic to drive meaningful revenues.
Physical Product Sales (no current plans)
Software (no current plans)
4. Objective: Scale
- Created a selling script and will use it in calls.
- Hire a full-time sales person as marketing gels
- Hire part-time support as sales grow
- Producing finally thin forever as a course, based on experience delivering successful coaching results
- Group training/coaching enables scale
- Can hire a graduate or coach as need arises for multiple groups
- Current org chart
- +6 month org chart
New Channel: Engaged social media ecosystem growth
- Medium subscriber growth
- Twitter subscriber growth
- Promote each product with 4 different messages per product at several different times (beginning and end) of each day, using Social Jukebox.
- Facebook group follower growth
- Facebook friend growth
- LinkedIn connection growth
- Instagram follower growth
New Channel: JV Partners (Later)
- Change in # of Joint Venture Partners
- Sales driven by JV Partners
New Channel: Affiliates (Later)
- Change in # of Affiliates
- Sales driven by affiliates
Key Result: Roadmap
- Capital budget
- Finally Thin Forever
- Finally Together Forever
- Love My Job
- Change Is Still Possible
- Channel development plan (see below)
- Product roadmaps
- Editorial calendar
Key Result: Be Endorsed
Meet new people and help them make a difference so big they spontaneously and authentically share the result with others.
- Sharing their results with people they know,
- Sharing their results with people they don’t know,
- Bragging about their affiliation with the course, and
- Bragging about their affiliation with me.
- Net Promoter Score (NPS) Above 4
Key Result: Be Awarded (Later)
- New Business
- Best Seller
Opportunities for You
- Will you create resolutions or goals for a month, a quarter, or all of 2019?
- How is your progress on your current goals?
- Have you clearly summarized a recent quarterly or monthly goals update? Share it, and let the world acknowledge your progress!
- What structures do you have in place to support you achieving your goals?
- Could you use more support reaching your goals? Book a call with me. I guarantee you will leave our conversation with a breakthrough in your progress, for free, whether we choose to do business together or not.
For More Information
More about OKR’s
- Measure What Matters: How Google, Bono, and the Gates Foundation Rock the World with OKRs, by John Doerr
- Radical Focus: Achieving Your Most Important Goals with Objectives and Key Results, by Christina Wodtke
- Make them uncorrelated: Shell is tying executive pay to carbon emissions. Here’s why it could create real impact
- Two child playing arrow: Photo by Annie Spratt on Unsplash. Link.
- Never Settle Mug: Photo by Ryan Riggins on Unsplash.
- Typewriter: Photo by rawpixel on Unsplash. Link.
- Forest Scene: Ein früher Morgen im Wald, by SCA Deutschland on Flickr.
- Roadmap: Photo by Julentto Photography on Unsplash.
- Audience: Photo by Nicholas Green on Unsplash.
- Scales: Photo by Pixabay.com. Link.
- Yes: Pixabay.com via Pexels.
- Mercedes-Benz 770 W07: Pedro Ribeiro Simões on Flickr.
- Award: Photo by Pixabay. Link.
- Seedlings: Photo by Joshua Lanzarini on Unsplash.